I translate only into my native language, English. I prefer to discuss rates and volume discounts on a project-by-project basis with my clients. Since I charge by the source word, there will be no ambiguity about how much a project will cost from the outset. When you buy a translation from me, you receive two basic services:
- Translation of the document. During this stage I ensure the accuracy and consistency of all terminology. In addition to asking the client for clarification when needed, I also consult reference works and native Russian speakers in order to find the most accurate translation of unfamiliar words or phrases.
- A full proofreading of my own translation. This usually involves reading through the translation in hard copy (where mistakes can be more easily caught) and even reading aloud the text in order to ensure the best fluency and style.
I can translate a number of file formats beyond MS Office, including Adobe Indesign, PDF, HTML, XML and various image-based formats (including, but not limited to, JPG, TIFF, GIF and PNG). I frequently work on the following types of translation projects:
- Document translation
- Website translation
- Software localization
- Ebook translation and Kindle formatting
- Back translation and Review of the work of other translators
- Proofreading and editing translations
I also offer related services, including consulting, abstracting and summarizing or “gisting” a text. I determine rates for these services on a case-by-case basis.
It is helpful if the client supplies me with glossaries or reference lists, but I am happy to conduct original research to support a project’s needs. I am also good at working with style guides, such as those published by the APA, ASA or MLA. I can also work with house styles if they are provided by the client.
If you are working on a tight deadline, I can translate on a rush basis for an extra fee. I am available on weekends and holidays, so please don’t hesitate to contact me. I will respond to your message within 1 hour between 10:00 AM and 11:00 PM Arizona time (GMT -07:00).